Featured Post

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Turn - And a Giveaway!

Marji Laine here.


There’s something so refreshing about a season change. Especially this one that ends a desolate, scorching period of time with a refreshing chill and welcome rain.

Life has seasons like this. I can see the fall in a life or spiritual sense as the season when the work that has been done starts showing fruit. That would lead to winter as a season of rest, preparing for the next opportunity. I see summer as a season of waiting, almost like the earth holds its breath between the planting of the spring and the harvest of autumn.

That leaves the spring.

It’s a season of planting, awakening. For most of nature, it’s the season of new beginnings.

Such is the case for me right now. I know, we’re finally getting to the fall – my favorite season! But I’ve been working for almost eight years to reach this point.

I not only have a new book, I have a new series based on my most popular Grime Fighter Mysteries series. I’m so excited about the D-STREET MYSTERIES. Book 1, D-VALUED comes out Tuesday, October 6.

Here’s a little about the book:

Someone is lying. Possibly everyone.

Tasha Sanderson came to her aunt's Texas farmhouse to disappear for a while — from the law firm that burned her, from the man she can't stop thinking about, from the version of herself she's not sure she likes anymore.

She didn't come to investigate a missing fiancé. Or a murder. Or the peculiar connection between a global tech scheme and a grieving man with nothing left to lose. But when a frightened woman at a roadside accident presses Tasha's hand and whispers find him — something clicks into place that Tasha can't ignore.

D-Street Investigations calls her a trainee. The police call her a nuisance. The killer hasn't called her anything yet.

But they've noticed her.

D-Valued is a Christian romantic mystery set in the small city of High Grove, Texas — where secrets run deep, connections run deeper, and one woman's instincts might be the only thing standing between the truth and another body.


Launch Day price for the e-book is only 99¢ next Monday and Tuesday! Set a reminder to grab it!

And I'm giving away a free e-copy to one of you who will answer this question in the comments: What season are you in? Why do you think you're in that season? 

Don't forget to leave your email address with your comment! I look forward to seeing you're answers! 

60 comments:

  1. I guess I’d say I’m in the dog days of summer - waiting to see what the next thing will be. Not quite resting yet 😜 becca12901 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Swanson heatherlynnswanson@hotmail.comSeptember 30, 2026 at 8:48 AM

    Love the fall & all the color before the hibernation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in all four! lol I preordered so I'm just waiting for it to drop into my Kindle. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read an advanced copy of D-Valued, and loved it.

    I feel like I am in the winter season. This year has been ROUGH!!! My little family is experiencing a LOT of changes right now, and we are all struggling with the adjustments... especially my 6 year old daughter.

    Heather Mitchell crhbmitchellfam@duck.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you need some winter rest! I hope it is renewing for you!

      Delete
  5. I feel like I'm in the end of summer waiting for fall, which happens to be my favorite season, also. I strive to accept each season in life with grace. The book sounds wonderful! ceedee1958@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the giveaway! I am in the season of fall. I had a lovely summer and now time to wind down into a slower pace. deborahdumm(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall, relaxing
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the upcoming release of D-VALUED! It sounds amazing! And I do so love getting into a new series at the very beginning.
    Not entering the contest since I can't read ebooks due to medical issues, but hoping to read it real soon.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still in the summer season waiting and praying for the harvest. jenningsask@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing we can count on! Seasons change and move forward. Maybe slowly, but always moving.

      Delete
  10. I think my family and I are headed into a season of spring. We have lots of changes happening this month starting with a cross-country move….

    Also, D-Valued sounds like an interesting read!

    svenable(at)westmont(dot)edu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the giveaway! The question you asked is a good one and very thought provoking. I'd have to say that I'm in the summer season as I'm waiting for the healing that is supposed to come after major neck surgery that has affected and limited the use of my right arm and hand but with the promise of restored use after 9-12 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops... forgot to add that the above was posted by Janet McGee, wileyluvstabby(at)comcast(dot)net

      Delete
    2. Praying for your patience as you rest in His promises, Janet!

      Delete
  12. I’m guessing that I am in very early Spring, because I am being pruned❣️Not fun, but I am expecting new growth eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard place to be, but it's always so strengthening when you can look back on it! Praying for your patience as you endure this growing moment.

      Delete
  13. seem to be in the fall season.
    Janice M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely in the season of fall. slowing down after busy summer and getting ready to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fall i love it cause weather is finally cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe that Fall has finally arrived in NW Ohio. We are having temperatures in the 60's this weekend. Thank you for the opportunity. God bless you. dpruss@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North Texas is heading in that direction, slowly but surely! ;)

      Delete
  17. I'm in the "turn a new leaf" autumn season! I'm ready to enjoy the cooler weather as well as letting go of things in my life to enjoy life to its fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fall season , dianevarnadoe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fall almost time for rest though because I’m tired lol. Ty for the chance! Sounds like a great book! Email- Dreadrake1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Summer has been incredibly hot this year. On the first day of fall, the weather turned gloriously cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fall, harvesting all I've planted earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the release of your new book! It sounds excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the early days of fall with just a slight chill in the air, oversized, warm cozy sweaters and beautiful colored leaves. jeannek330@gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fall Badawson16 at AOL dot COM

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fall although in Texas it stills feels like summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. That's one type of weather in Texas that "give it a minute" just doesn't apply!

      Delete
  26. I love fall, the leaves, mild weather and cozy fires.

    ReplyDelete