Featured Post

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Turn - And a Giveaway!

Marji Laine here.


There’s something so refreshing about a season change. Especially this one that ends a desolate, scorching period of time with a refreshing chill and welcome rain.

Life has seasons like this. I can see the fall in a life or spiritual sense as the season when the work that has been done starts showing fruit. That would lead to winter as a season of rest, preparing for the next opportunity. I see summer as a season of waiting, almost like the earth holds its breath between the planting of the spring and the harvest of autumn.

That leaves the spring.

It’s a season of planting, awakening. For most of nature, it’s the season of new beginnings.

Such is the case for me right now. I know, we’re finally getting to the fall – my favorite season! But I’ve been working for almost eight years to reach this point.

I not only have a new book, I have a new series based on my most popular Grime Fighter Mysteries series. I’m so excited about the D-STREET MYSTERIES. Book 1, D-VALUED comes out Tuesday, October 6.

Here’s a little about the book:

Someone is lying. Possibly everyone.

Tasha Sanderson came to her aunt's Texas farmhouse to disappear for a while — from the law firm that burned her, from the man she can't stop thinking about, from the version of herself she's not sure she likes anymore.

She didn't come to investigate a missing fiancé. Or a murder. Or the peculiar connection between a global tech scheme and a grieving man with nothing left to lose. But when a frightened woman at a roadside accident presses Tasha's hand and whispers find him — something clicks into place that Tasha can't ignore.

D-Street Investigations calls her a trainee. The police call her a nuisance. The killer hasn't called her anything yet.

But they've noticed her.

D-Valued is a Christian romantic mystery set in the small city of High Grove, Texas — where secrets run deep, connections run deeper, and one woman's instincts might be the only thing standing between the truth and another body.


Launch Day price for the e-book is only 99¢ next Monday and Tuesday! Set a reminder to grab it!

And I'm giving away a free e-copy to one of you who will answer this question in the comments: What season are you in? Why do you think you're in that season? 

Don't forget to leave your email address with your comment! I look forward to seeing you're answers! 

3 comments:

  1. I guess I’d say I’m in the dog days of summer - waiting to see what the next thing will be. Not quite resting yet 😜 becca12901 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Swanson heatherlynnswanson@hotmail.comSeptember 30, 2026 at 8:48 AM

    Love the fall & all the color before the hibernation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in all four! lol I preordered so I'm just waiting for it to drop into my Kindle. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete