Featured Post

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

RECIPE: Holiday Green Bean Casserole

Now I have to confess, I've never claimed to be a cook. I'm more of a "fixer." I always go for the easiest ways to make meals. 

Special holiday dishes are the exception, until it comes to my mom's green bean casserole. This is a holiday tradition (for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and any other excuse!) and a family favorite. I've never been allowed to bring a substitute since I started making it. 

I seriously don't think there's a way to mess this up! That certainly works for me! 

Ingredients: 

  • 4 cans of cut green beans - fully drained
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 large jar of mushrooms - fully drained
  • 1 can sliced potatoes - fully drained
  • 1 package of fried onions

Directions:

After draining the vegetables, add them to a large covered casserole dish. Stir in the soup. With the lid on the casserole dish, cook at 350°F for thirty minutes. Add the fried onions on top of the casserole. Leaving the lid of the casserole dish off, cook for another 10-15 minutes until the onions are lightly toasted. 

This makes about 18 servings. When we have smaller family get-togethers, I use 2 cans of beans, 1 can of mushroom soup, and a small jar of mushrooms. But either way, I never go home with leftovers! 

From our home to yours, have an amazing Christmas!
Marji Laine <><


No comments:

Post a Comment