Featured Post

Monday, December 5, 2022

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BREAKFAST COFFEE CAKE RECIPE


I love December! I love the crowds, or what used to be the crowds, at the mall, the energy they create, the ringing cash registers, the Merry Christmas everyone says, the family gathering about, and the food! 

Except for this year, I'm on a low-carb diet. What a time to be on that kind of diet. lol  Never fear, though. I won't share a low-carb recipe. ;-) This recipe for coffee cake makes three--one to eat, one to share, and one to freeze!

My Christmas wish for each of you is this will be a blessed time even though many of us will be missing loved ones around the table. Christmas is both joyful and sad, but I'm reminded that even the first Christmas was joyful and sad for it heralded the coming Cross.

But oh, the glory that awaits us!

Now for the Breakfast Coffee Cake recipe:



Breakfast Coffee Cake

Line pans with parchment paper (I’ve done it without and it works okay)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp cinnamon
1 Box yellow butter cake mix
1 stick butter
8 oz sour cream
4 eggs
1 large box of instant vanilla pudding mix
¼ cup oil

Grease and flour three 8” round cake pans (or whatever you usually use)

Combine sugar, nuts & cinnamon. Reserve half the mixture. Sprinkle the other half lightly on the bottom of the 3 pans. 

Combine remaining ingredients and pour evenly in pans and spread with a spatula (mixture will be thick) Sprinkle remaining sugar/nut mixture over the three pans. 

Bake at 350° 30—40 minutes. May freeze. Makes 3 coffee cakes.

I hope you enjoy!



Don't forget to enter our Christmas Contest!! http://bit.ly/3XMX5wE








4 comments:

  1. Love this post. The recipe looks delicious. I’m going to save it in hopes that I can make it and taste it! 🤣 we’ll see if this will post barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee cake sounds so good! I’d have to leave out the nuts because I can’t have them. And, that’s the best part!
    Onlysis06

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I may make this for Christmas Breakfast!

    ReplyDelete