Featured Post

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Roxanne Rustand asks: has your life ever changed in an instant?

 


Have you ever thought back over how many times your life has seemingly taken an abrupt, random turn?  I don't mean the loss of a loved one, but a life-altering change all the same.

A late-night phone call. A piece of mail you didn't expect. A chance meeting.  A last-minute change of plans that led you down a very different path? 

Mine sure changed a few moments after a longtime boyfriend dumped me. We were at his veterinary school fraternity party, where he abruptly announced that he was moving on. Ouch. I was stunned, frozen in place. While in the throes of all the typical emotions of youth over a sudden and painful loss, a perfect stranger wandered over to me and struck up a conversation about--of all things--politics.  A very nice guy, though I wasn't interested in anyone at that moment!  

But then...we kept bumping into each other on campus, and in August, we'll have our 46th anniversary.  He'd been a perfect stranger, but turned out to be a perfect match.  God's hand was in that chance meeting, which had seemed just out of the blue!

FINAL WITNESS, the newest book in my inspirational romantic suspense series Montana Secrets, is out today. Emma has been in the Witness Protection program with her father since he witnessed a murder, but now he's been murdered. She is on the run to escape his killers and they are just closing in when she happens upon a rancher hauling horses to Montana. Is this sheer chance, or an answer to her desperate prayers? And will he protect her--or will he turn her in?

CLICK HERE to read more about it!

Has an unexpected event ever had a significant impact on your life? Leave a comment, and you'll be in a drawing for a free e-copy of FINAL ESCAPE, another book in this Montana Secrets series!

Wishing you a wonderful spring,

Roxanne Rustand


3 comments:

  1. not really
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! A few years ago we found our Armenian cousins after almost 100 years of having no contact. It’s a great story that only Gid could do. In fact, it was so impossible I never even thought to pray about it. But, only God………
    OnlysisO6
    duellonlysisataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it did just recently actually. All my life both my parents took care of me in more ways than one and I appreciated but since April 22, 2021 the day my Dad & I were supposed to get our first COVID vaccine we were both diagnosed with Covid then we shared it with whole family. Covid hid Dad real hard and once he was admitted to the hospital he got more diseases and infections. In and out of the hospital 4+ times but my life changed instantly on April 22, 2021 because I was thrown into being a full time caregiver for both of my parents. Now keep in mind that up to this point, I only had cooked once and that was with Mom's help so I was learning to cook on the job. I'm still learning but God helps me get through it each day.
    don(dot)stewart(at)zoominternet(dot)net

    ReplyDelete