Featured Post

Monday, September 21, 2026

Saying Goodbye to A Sister


A few days ago, we lost one of our sisters. Mary Ellis was part of the Suspense Sisters for a long, long time. When she stopped writing, she stayed with us anyway. And we wouldn't have had it any other way. She was truly one of us, and it was an honor to know her - not just because she was an author - but she was also our friend. Mary was kind, generous, and had such a big heart for people and for God. We loved her very much, and we will miss her more than words can express. And for writers, that says a lot.

Goodbye, sweet friend. We'll see you again, and we're all so grateful for that.





17 comments:

  1. I met Mary at my first writer’s conference, and she was so sweet encouraging. She told me I could be a writer. I’ll always carry your kindness, Mary. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was saddened to hear this. Sending prayers to her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were both at one time members of an Ohio writers group. I used to see her at book festivals we both attended in Ohio. Such a sweet friend. A great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful and comforting to know that, one day, we will see each other again. ❤️ What a beautiful promise from God that we will be reunited in His presence. Until then, we hold on to His promises and the hope we have in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers and peace to her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Condolences for your dear friend. We're often gifted by those who pass along our paths & walk with us a bit. RIP Mary πŸŒΊπŸ•Š️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saying goodbye is hard. Praying for her family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the pleasure of working with Mary on several different projects and she is an amazing author. Though my heart is heavy, I’m thankful that our sorrow is not without hope. Mary is now home with the Lord she loved so dearly, and through Christ, we know our separation is not forever. What a blessed assurance to know there will come a day when every goodbye is gone and we are together again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear this! It's been several years since I had any communication with Mary, but I remember her as a wonderful woman.

    Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I first met Mary back in 2014 when we shared a Mary Sue Seymour as an agent. She was the sweetest person I've ever known, and I'll miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deep condolences to all of her family and friends. She seems like an exceptionally talented and kind lady. VLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh.my.goodness!!! I am so very sorry for your loss! Praying for Mary's family and all who loved her during this difficult time!

    Heather Mitchell crhbmitchellfam@duck.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope her family finds peace nothing that she is in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to her friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sad to hear of Mary's passing. I loved her books. She was so supportive of my writing and didn’t hesitate to help or offer an encouraging word. She will be greatly missed. Prayers for her loved ones.

    ReplyDelete