Featured Post

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

My Top 3 Read of the Summer


 I've been reading a lot this summer, and here are my top three reads so far. 

3.) Ribbons of Guilt by Laura Thomas


This book had so many unique qualities, but my favorite was the addition of ballet. I don't think I've seen ballet play such a big role in a suspense novel, and Laura Thomas wrote it in beautifully. It felt fresh and different, and I'm excited to read more by this author. Here is a link to Ribbons of Guilt if you want to check it out!

2.) Dark Design by Nancy Mehl



Since I finished reading Shattered Sanctuary, I've been looking forward to the second book in the series. It did not disappoint. The intensity and the twist at the end kept me turning pages. When I came to the end, I wanted more. Thankfully, book three will be releasing soon. Follow the link for more info!

1.) Twilight Tactics by Lynette Eason

I finished this book last week, and I couldn't put it down. The setting and characters were well-written. The suspense made me hold my breath. And the message of the story will stick with me for a while. You won't want to miss this book! It releases on August 4th. Follow the link to learn more. 

What books have you read this summer that made the top of your list?

35 comments:

  1. Twilight Tactics by Lynette Eason sounds like my kind of book! Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ribbons of Guilt looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three of these authors! Ihave added their books to my birthday wish list. It's in August, so I told my family and friends that they still have time to get them for me.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thank you so much for some great summer reading suggestions.

    WHEN THE SILENCE BREAKS by Elizabeth Goddard is AMAZING as are A KILLER'S TARGET by Dana R. Lynn and AMBUSHED IN YOSEMITE by Kellie VanHorn. I can highly recommend each and every one of these books!
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books look amazing! All three are in my TBR list. Regarding "Ribbons of Guilt", I read the other 2 in this series and they were really good so I'm looking forward to reading the third!
    wileyluvstabby(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fire Mountain, by Dana Mentink--10 sta rs! No Place to Hide, by Lisa Harris, an older book, but a really great romantic suspense. Prowl, by Colleen Coble--I actually had 2 copies! Can't beat Colleen Coble in romantic suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books by Lynette Eason and this one sounds like a great book. lindadashhendersonatsttdotnet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added all of these to my TBR!!! They all sound intriguing!

    I really enjoyed the anthologies from Two Dog Publishing: Critical Threat and Zero Hour {Honor Bound Hearts.} Sarah Hamaker"s Charlie ONE was especially good!

    Heather Mitchell crhbmitchellfam@duck.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ribbons of Guilt sounds very interesting! (I enjoyed Dark Design and am looking forward to reading an ARC of Twilight Tactics this week!)

    Some of my top reads this summer are The Light of Stars (Hovde) When the Silencd Breaks (Goddard), and Jane’s Secret (Tirrell).

    svenable(at)westmont(dot)edu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shattered Sanctuary, sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dark Design is my next read

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you SO much for including Ribbons of Guilt in your Top 3! I'm so glad you enjoyed it... the ballet theme made for some fascinating research. What a treat to be listed here with Nancy and Lynette! 🤗 Happy reading, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My book wishlist just got longer. All of these sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All 3 sound intriguing and full of suspense; I added them to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous covers draw me in & the plot carries me through my tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am looking forward to the release of Lynette Eason's book. I have it on preorder. Thank you so much for sharing. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Missing Pages by Alyson Richman

    ReplyDelete
  18. These all sound incredibly intriguing! I haven't had time to read very much this summer, I've been busy studying for my Master's degree. I'm looking forward to when I'm finished so I have a little more time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this wonderful book recommendation - these books sound up my reading alley! I recently finished reading Twisted Sister by Shannon Hollinger, and it's a page turner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the reading recommendations I've had quite a few books I read this Summer that are favorites of mine but I don't make a list of top favorites but would recommend The Bloodline Series by Lynda Rees and any of Kathleen Donnelly books

    ReplyDelete
  21. These all sound like something I would like to read. I am asking my library for them. Wyoming Ranch Promise by Amie Denman is an excellent book.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven’t read any books by these three authors! I’ll have to look into them. One book I’m looking forward to reading is The Haunting of Emily Grace by Elena Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Serenity HelzermanJuly 27, 2026 at 11:25 AM

    Ooh those look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These Books sounds amazing sarahbaby601973@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been following Laura Thomas' books since the release of Captured in Frame which sounded really interesting. Even though I haven't had a chance to read any of her books yet, I look forward to being able to do so in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All three of these books sound great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nancy and Lynette are two of my must read authors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These books sound great! I have been in school for the last few years, so my fun reading has slowed down and been replaced with school reading. These three sound like they need to be added to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These sound really good! I'm adding them to my list!

    ReplyDelete