Featured Post

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Reaching the end... Roxanne Rustand

 

Do you ever reach the last book in a series, or the end of a series on television, and wish it would go on and on? 

I've been watching the tenth and final season of Doc Martin on public television. The doc is a curmudgeonly sort with an abrasive lack of people skills, but the series has been filled with humorous characters and subplots that I have come to love and I will miss them when the series ends.

Another series (among many PBS shows I enjoy) I am grateful for is All Creatures Great and Small.  Being an avid animal lover, this series has been a joy. The setting is a delight as well, because I love reading fiction set in Ireland, Scotland, and England. The series is still running, and I wish it would never end. But that time will come, too.

What about you? Do you have some favorite, ongoing television series to recommend on television or a streaming service? I would love to hear about them! 

As a writer, writing the final book in one of my Christian Romantic series is a little sad, too. Creating characters and writing multiple books in that world becomes part of me--as if some of those imaginary folks have become friends.

DEADLY EVIDENCE will be released on January 30th. It is the fourth and final book in my DEA Agents series, and is available for preorder HERE. The good thing, is that the books can be read in any order. So if you missed the other releases this past fall, it's not too late!

Leave a comment, and you will be entered in a contest for a free e-book copy of  DEADLY BETRAYAL (read about it HERE.)

I hope you had a wonderful, blessed Christmas and that the coming year will be a blessing as well.  

All my best,

Roxanne Rustand
www.roxannerustand.com

27 comments:

  1. Just found "Signed, Sealed, and Delivered." There are 12 movies and one TV series. The series ended because the movies are so popular. I fell in love with it. Also, am now watching "Sue Thomas, FBI" for the first time. I love this series and am so sorry to see it end. And Doc Martin is a favorite! Loved this one too. One of our own (I think this is right), Mary Ellis, actually visited the town used for the series! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does leave you feeling a bit sad. You learn to care for these characters and identify with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your series looks very interesting! I love books with animals, especially dogs, so I will buy your entire series once this move to Kansas is completed. It should be a good read to curl up with at night, after a full day of work on restoring our new home. Mary G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed any of her books that I have read
    marcus802001(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover really catches your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, there are so many series I wish would go on and on!
    I don’t think I’ve ever read any books by her.
    duellonlysis at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. feel sad to see it end like losing part of the family/friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara Diggs englishathome01@gmail.com
    I feel terribly sad when a series ends. You get so invested in the lives of the characters. . . Then life goes on and you meet new characters. But there is a grief period. . . Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The end of a favorite series is so bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Depends on how it is ended. Sometimes, I feel like I need to know more about what happened to certain characters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it is tough to let go of being a part of this other community (so to speak) when reading a series. I really enjoy it when an author connects characters to other series later on to reconnect with the past series :) On television, I love most crime drama series and some I watched in the past that I didn't want to see end at that time was Burn Notice, Castle, and more of that type. A comedy that I was sad to see end was Last Man Standing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been binging on Christmas Cookie Challenge. I enjoy the Found series as it keeps me on the edge of my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds amazing! I just finished Alexa Verde's Cowboy Crossing Romances series (13 books), and I'm so sad it's over! I miss the Clark and Moore families already. However, Alexa has another series set in Cowboy Crossing, so I'm hoping there are more updates from these families in those books.

    Heather Mitchell crhbmitchellfam @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This last books sounds amazing!! I have thoroughly enjoyed all the DEA books!! Can’t wait to read this one Roxanne!! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I mostly read or quilt...not much of a tv watcher...chendryx (at) cctv (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not much of a TV watcher. I tend to watch Disney series such as Loki, Asohka and The Mandalorian. cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Christian romantic suspense series. I wait, not always patiently, until the next book comes out in the series. I can't wait to find out what will happen next. I enjoy reading a series because I get to know the characters well; however, I also hate to see a series end. It's almost like a death. A good series keeps you wanting more from that author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read any of these but I'm adding them to my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've enjoyed this series and look forward to this release.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Call the midwife is great as well as Miss Fisher's Mysteries

    ReplyDelete
  22. You hooked me with this book! I need to preorder this one and then go back and get the others. I enjoy series and hate for them to end because I love the characters. In my mind, they are still living their best life! Vickie Watts watts.vickie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The only show I really watch is The Chosen, and it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love a good long TV and book series. I am known for not finishing TV series until long after they are done because I can't handle them ending, lol. I love Death In Paradise.

    ReplyDelete