Featured Post

Thursday, November 24, 2022

HOLIDAY READING!

I so enjoyed indulging in Robin Patchen's newest release from her Coventry Saga, Wreathed in Disgrace. Amazon bills this story as "Page-turning Christmas Romantic Suspense," but I found it to be much more than that. 

Author Robin Patchen touches on several tension-filled topics including addiction, post-partum depression, suicidal tendencies, and even rape. All of the topics are tastefully and gently dealt with, building a depth in the characters and the story that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Even more, I enjoyed the way the characters relate to one another and grow - even some of the minor characters - throughout the story. The internal thoughts and prayers they have, and the humility with which they respond to one another reveal authentic faith that is so refreshing. 

This book has a nice little mystery and a deep suspense, but I think the relational challenges endeared the story to me as much as the suspense. (And that's saying a lot!) 

This is a wonderful read, clothed in the decor of a charming, snow-flurried, New Hampshire town. I highly recommend Wreathed in Disgrace and eagerly look forward to the next book in the Coventry Saga.

Here are the details of the book: 

A famous actress, a protective bodyguard, a festive Christmas season, and a killer...or two...on the loose.

Everybody believes movie star Denise Masters abandoned her family to pursue her dream, but the truth is much more complex. For years, she's longed to return to Coventry to repair her relationship with her daughter, but contractual obligations--and fear of being rejected--have kept her away. When a serial killer targets Hollywood actors, Denise decides to spend the Christmas holidays in New Hampshire. She will finally face the disgrace of her past.

Private security agent Jon Donley figures the woman he's been hired to guard will turn out to be a paranoid, privileged prima donna. Instead, the more he gets to know Denise, the more he likes her. But he’s not being paid to get involved with her. His job is to keep her safe while he figures out what links her to the other victims.

But the serial killer on the west coast isn't the only danger they face. A second one is closing in fast, threatening not just Denise but the little girl she'll stop at nothing to protect.

Purchase Wreathed in Disgrace here!

During the story, Denise's daughter is in a Christmas play. We see that so many times in Christmas books and movies, but how many of us have actually been in a Christmas play or musical? 

I can honestly say that I've been about three dozen or so, but I don't remember ever being in a Christmas play when I was a child? Were you ever in one? 

Let me know in the comments below, and you just might win a e-copy of my book, A GIANT MURDER. Don't forget to leave your email address!

 

5 comments:

  1. I've been in a couple of church Christmas plays, because I was tall for my age I was usually a shepherd...the cute little sweet girls aways got to play Mary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never been in any plays. I have this book but haven’t read it yet.
    Onlysis06

    ReplyDelete
  3. no
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in a play as a child. I was actually a Christmas tree via a green long dress wrapped in white garland and instead of a star we carried a candle (yes a lit candle - it was the late 50's). Also happily help create costumes for our daughter in a few Christmas plays. As an adult, I've been to a few plays and always come away with a smile on my face. :)

    I don't (actually can't) read ebooks, so unfortunately I'll have to pass on the drawing for A GIANT MURDER. "WREATHED IN DISGRACE sounds amazing and I can't wait for the opportunity to read it too.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t remember if I was in one or not either.🥰 I only remember my kids.

    ReplyDelete