Featured Post

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tis the Season...almost


 I know it's only the middle of October, but I always think of the end of October as the kick-off time for the holiday season starting with Halloween or All Saints Day however you celebrate that time of year. Then of course Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years. Though I think it's important to always be aware of all that God has given me, I try to treat the month of November as an opportunity to dial up the focus on gratitude and for December to be about giving and kindness all month long. I love this time of year and I think the holidays give us such a cool opportunity to deepen our faith. 

The other thing I love about this season is the chance to watch favorite Christmas/Holiday movies and read Christmas books. Charlie Brown Christmas is still my favorite movie to watch during this time? I also look for mysteries or short story collection that have a Christmas theme. For some, it seems premature to start talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas but I like the celebration to last as long as possible. How about you? When do you think we should start celebrating? Do you have a favorite holiday/Christmas movie? Have you purchases a Christmas book that you are looking forward to getting you into the spirit of the season? Do you have a favorite one that you read every year? 

I have three Holiday/Christmas books. Thankgiving Protector and Alaskan Christmas Target are Love Inspired Suspense book and then I have written a Christmas romance called Tasha's Christmas Wish. I would like to give one each of those away. Please leave a comment and your email to be put in a random drawing to win. 


10 comments:

  1. I love reading holiday book, and I love your books. These sound great!! se.simpson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. holiday books are fun
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read holiday books! But, it doesn’t matter when during the year I read them.
    duellonlysis(at)aol(dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start reading Christmas books in November. I love suspense books and I really like you books.
    pam1lunsford(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy the holiday books all year round and especially your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No absolute favorite Christmas movie, but I do read Dickens A CHRISTMAS CAROL each year.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also start reading Christmas books and watching movies in November! I enjoyed your last LIS 😊 I’ve already watched a few movies 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve already read and reviewed a couple of Christmas novellas. Never to soon to read Christmas books.
    leliamae54(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love reading holiday books, favorite holiday movie has always been Miracle on 34th Street. sheliarha64(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading holiday books any time of the year. I don't have a favorite Christmas movie, but I watch Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel and I think they should be starting with those movies near the end of October.
    dianah7272@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete