Featured Post

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

One-Pot Meal for Summer

by Patricia Bradley

I don't know about you, but during the summer I'm always looking for an easy, one-pot meal. My daughter shared this one with me and it's so easy! 

Chicken Tacos

I use a pressure cooker to cook my dish in, but you could cook it on top of the stove or in an air-fryer or a quick cooker.

Ingredients:
4 Chicken breasts
1 each, red, yellow, green bell pepper
1 sliced onion
1 jar of thick salsa
5-6 tortilla or hard taco shells
sour cream 
shredded cheese

In your pot, place the chicken breasts, then the sliced peppers and onions. Add the salsa and pressure cook for 12 minutes. Let the steam fall and after you open the cooker, slide the chicken and veggies into a shallow dish and make your tacos. I always put a dab of sour cream and shredded cheese on mine.


Don't forget to enter our Summer of Suspense contest! There are a-maz-ing prizes to be had!

1 comment:

  1. Patrica Bradley, is the a substitute that can be used in place of the thick salsa? I want to try this but can't have the seeds in the salsa (or tomatoes). It sounds so good and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete