Featured Post

Friday, March 8, 2019

Hybernating...and a free book drawing Roxanne Rustand

Hi everyone,

After reading the previous, fascinating post on firearms,  I am looking forward to the next one!  In the meantime, I'd just like to drop in to offer a quick, unsuspenseful  "Howdy!"  and wish you all the best after this crazy winter.

When I first planned this post--just a week ago--those of us in the Upper Midwest were dealing with endless ice, snow and bitter cold.  Just a few days ago, we had -35 degree windchills, which was mighty chilly for the horses....and our two dogs did NOT want to go outside even for just a minute!  As a writer, I am grateful for that fact that "going to work" means simply going down to my office.  With the bitter cold, we found ourselves staying home more, and enjoying the solitude, the time to read, the time to reflect on the coming year and the things we should accomplish.


It's been a crazy year, hasn't it?  It seems as if the nightly news over the past year has been endlessly filled with mudslides,  forest fires, flooding, tornadoes. My heart breaks for those who have dealt with such tragedies.  I hope you and your loved ones have been safe!

But now the days and nights are getting warmer, and we are already coming into the weekend when Daylight Savings time begins.  Spring isn't so far away...and soon the flowers will be blooming.

Best wishes to you for a safe and enjoyable year!  --Oh, and leave a comment to be entered in a drawing for a free e-copy of a romantic suspense, Comeback Cowboy!

Roxanne

7 comments:

  1. It's been a messy winter in southern Missouri! Just one "good" snow but an inch or so more times than normal plus several days of ice. I like winter but I'm even ready for spring. jarning67(at)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do.Not.Mention.Daylight.Savings.Time! I lose an hour that I don't get back until November! :-) But it has been a crazy winter. February had two very nice weeks before the rain set in here in North Mississippi. And we have flowers blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pics
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow in Alabama but we’ve had lots of rain. Some of our favorite go to camping sites have been flooded.
    tumcsec(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the little delicate flowers called "snowdrops" in my yard a few days ago (live in NE Ohio) I'm looking forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely ready for Spring!
    Blessings,
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete