Featured Post

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

SOME INTERESTING (RANDOM) FACTS ABOUT ME! By Cynthia Hickey





I've been on television twice! (the news and a documentary about pickles)



I quit the day job in May 2013 and now make a living as an author and small press owner.


I have seven children. (We're a your's, mine, and ours family).


I expect people to use a bit of common sense.


While I live in Arizona, I want to someday move back to Arkansas.


I pride myself on my sloppy handwriting (A high school civics teacher said those with sloppy handwriting thought faster than their hands could move)


If I were younger, I'd be a storm chaser or forensic investigator.


I knocked "getting a tattoo" off my bucket list recently.


I have more story ideas to write than I probably have years to live.


I LOVE my job.


Sometimes, when I'm writing a funny scene in a book, I laugh out loud then look around to see if anyone caught me. The same thing when writing a sad scene, except I cry.


I LOVE Jesus!


I don't cry easily.


While I found many things humorous, I don't often laugh out loud.


I don't have patience for stupidity.


I don't judge.


I'm harder on myself than anyone else could possibly be.


I think these points very random. :)



Multi-published and Amazon Best-Selling author Cynthia Hickey had three cozy mysteries and two novellas published through Barbour Publishing. Her first mystery, Fudge-Laced Felonies, won first place in the inspirational category of the Great Expectations contest in 2007. Her third cozy, Chocolate-Covered Crime, received a four-star review from Romantic Times. All three cozies have been re-released as ebooks through the MacGregor Literary Agency, along with a new cozy series, all of which stay in the top 50 of Amazon’s ebooks for their genre. She has several historical romances releasing in 2013, 2014, 2015 through Harlequin’s Heartsong Presents, and has sold more than 300,000 copies of her works. Cynthia is a board member for CAN (Christian Authors Network). She is active on FB, twitter, and Goodreads, and is a contributor to Cozy Mystery Magazone blog and Suspense Sisters blog. Her and her husband run the small press, Forget Me Not Romances, which includes some of the CBA’s well-known authors. She lives in Arizona with her husband, one of their seven children, two dogs and two cats. She has five grandchildren who keep her busy and tell everyone they know that “Nana is a writer”. Visit her website at www.cynthiahickey.com
 
















3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your openness and honesty. I can relate on some of those points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious. I got my first tattoo at age 57 after becoming a breast cancer survivor. I got my second and last tattoo a year after that. Both relating to my cancer (pink ribbon on my ankle, the side I had the cancer on. The other one was a pink ribbon tattoo in the form of a butterfly on the opposite ankle. What kind did you get and where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a fluffy quill with the words "Once Upon a Time" on my left ankle. Congrats on being a survivor

      Delete