Featured Post

Saturday, November 29, 2014

MURDERED BETWEEN STALAGMITES BY BETHANY MACMANUS



Bethany lives in Houston with her husband, daughter, son, and vampire cat, Snarf. After practicing as an RN for five years, Bethany left the nursing field to pursue a writing passion the Lord planted in her heart when she was a child. As Nancy Drew mysteries were her guilty pleasure during those early years, she naturally gravitates her pen toward the things that go bump in the night, and most of her plots have a psychological spin.

She’s allergic to cheese, Sulfa drugs, and people who stop in the middle of intersections while driving.


You can find out more about Bethany by visiting her Website.  

Bethany's next book, Murdered Above Volcanoes, will be released in 2015.


MURDERED BETWEEN STALAGMITES (Novella)

They thought they were going to become reality show stars.


What they got was murder.

When Jacob Mercer is trapped with seven strangers in a series of caves, he determines to seek out the mysterious predator responsible for the hoax which lured them there.


Then, one of the inhabitants is murdered the first night, and Jacob has to play detective.
 

Will he uncover the killer of Siren Song Caves? Or will the killer find a way out before anybody else?
 

Character Interview for Suspense Sisters: Jacob Mercer
 

SS: Hello, Jacob. I understand you got yourself mixed up in some crazy hoax, in those Blue Ridge Mountains caves. Why did you decide to play detective?

JM: I guess I'm just a nosy kind of guy. That, and because nobody else had time. They were all just concentrating on surviving.

SS: You sound like someone I'd like to have around in an emergency. Do you keep a cool head in those kinds of situations?

JM: Depends on the situation. Mostly I just like to ask, “what if?” and “why?” I question everyone's motives. (squinting) Speaking of which, why are you asking me all these questions, anyway? (winks) Just kidding.

SS: What do you think is your greatest weakness, Jacob?

JM: I hold everyone at arm's length. It's hard for me to trust people enough to let them in. If you're in, it's because I've known you and watched you for a very. Long. Time.

SS: What about Sherri? Did you let her in?

JM: (fumbling with keys in his jeans pocket and expelling a quick breath) Sherri Eason and I are still getting to know each other. I prefer not to comment further.

SS: Please show me what is in your pockets, besides your keys.

JM: What? Um...okay. (empties pockets out on the counter) This powder and medicine dropper make up my fingerprint kit. I learned to keep those close so I don't have to improvise with whatever's on hand. That scrap of paper is a ticket stub from a Skillet concert I took Sherri to. I always carry a small pad of paper and a pencil, also. I've ruined one too many loads of laundry, leaving pens in my pocket.


SS: Okay. Thanks for the interview, Jacob.

If you would like to win a copy of MURDERED BETWEEN STALAGMITES, please leave a comment, along with your contact information. U.S. only for print copies. Outside the U.S., the winner will receive an ebook.

15 comments:

  1. Interesting post with Bethany. I would love to read Murder Between the Stalagmites.

    psalm103and138[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title captured my interest immediately...I WANT MURDERED BETWEEN THE STALAGMITES! (I'll then take it to the library for others to enjoy.)
    beth_rumbaugh@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting. I love a good murder mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I would love to read these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun novel. All the best with it, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacob sounds like an interesting "detective". Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy of this murder mystery.
    may_dayzee (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview, Bethany! Thanks for stopping by ya'll. I love a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to read this! cindy99@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to win/read this. It sounds great! Jacquir613@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Murder & suspenst... You have me interested..
    dkstevensne AT outlook Dot Com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting! Would love to win a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great book. If it's not too late to be counted in the drawing, count me in. lill dot kohler at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am intrigued by this one!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete