Featured Post

Monday, February 24, 2014

WRITING TIPS By Cynthia Hickey

Ooops. I almost forgot I'm schedule to give y'all a writing tip today, so I'm going to keep it short and sweet. Keep your rear in the chair and your fingers on the keyboard.

Even if what you write is garbage, you're writing. You can always go back and improve the words. It's much harder to make up the time lost. Remember: Every word written is one more toward the glorious The End.

I push myself to write 2,000 words a day, five days a week. Most of the time I'm successful. I believe this is because I've grown used to the time I spend writing. Not everyone has the luxury of writing full time, but most people can squeeze out 500 words a day. Set a goal, stick to it, and soon it becomes second nature. HAPPY WRITING!


Multi-published and Best-Selling author Cynthia Hickey had three cozy mysteries and two novellas published through Barbour Publishing. Her first mystery, Fudge-Laced Felonies, won first place in the inspirational category of the Great Expectations contest in 2007. Her third cozy, Chocolate-Covered Crime, received a four-star review from Romantic Times. All three cozies have been re-released as ebooks through the MacGregor Literary Agency, along with a new cozy series, all of which stay in the top 50 of Amazon’s ebooks for their genre. She has several historical romances releasing in 2013 and 2014 through Harlequin’s Heartsong Presents. She is active on FB, twitter, and Goodreads. She lives in Arizona with her husband, one of their seven children, two dogs and two cats. She has five grandchildren who keep her busy and tell everyone they know that “Nana is a writer”. Visit her website at www.cynthiahickey.com

3 comments:

  1. You're so right! I love watching my words pile up, even if it's only a thousand a day. I keep an excel spread sheet which has become an easy way for me to keep track of word count and each chapter. Those goals do add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's pretty much it! I have a word count goal for most days (when I'm not teaching.) That's the only way I can keep up with the deadlines.

    ReplyDelete