Featured Post

Friday, November 13, 2020

More Than We Remember Review


by Patricia Bradley 

Today I'm excited to review More Than We Remember by Christina Suzann Nelson. It was recently a book of the month in a book club I'm in and I'm thankful! I also got to meet the author at the Public Library Association convention in January this year. I'm giving away an autographed copy to one lucky commenter (US Addresses only, digital otherwise)! 

Here's the back cover copy:

One night changes everything for three women. . . .

When Addison Killbourn's husband is involved in a car accident that leaves a woman dead, her perfectly constructed life crumbles apart. With her husband's memory of that night gone and the revelation of a potentially life-altering secret, Addison has to reevaluate all she thought she knew.

Emilia Cruz is a deputy bearing a heavy burden far beyond the weight of her job. Her husband is no longer the man she married, and Emilia's determined to prevent others from facing the same hardship. When she's called to the scene of an accident pointing to everything she's fighting against, she's determined to see justice for those wronged.

Brianne Demanno is hiding from reality. She was thriving as a counselor, but when tragedy struck a beloved client, she lost faith in herself and her purpose. When her neighbors, the Killbourns, are thrown into crisis, Brianne's solitary life is disrupted and she finds herself needed in a way she hasn't been in a while.

As the lives of these women intersect, they can no longer dwell in the memory of who they've been. Can they rise from the wreck of the worst moments of their lives to become who they were meant to be?

Buy it here! 

I was immediately hooked by this story that looks at three very different women's lives. The story has twists and turns I didn't expect, but then slapping-my-head, I'm thinking, of course!

I liked all three women. They were stronger than they thought they were and what happened in the book tempered them. I'm not sure which one I liked the most...probably Brianne--she was the least like me. I saw so much of myself in Emilia, and I was really glad to see how her story turned out. (Not telling too much--don't want to spoil the story for you)

Lilly stole my heart. So wise for one so young. This is an uplifting, twisty book and I think Suspense Sisters readers will enjoy it.

I'm also reviewing Christina Suzann Nelson's first book, If We Make It Home on my blog, and I'm giving away a copy of that book as well. So, hop over to my blog and leave a comment. Again, US addresses only.

34 comments:

  1. I just saw this book online the other day. It looked interesting. The cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very good, Robin! I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Beth, it is! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia, this was one of my top reads for 2020. I enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, too, Trixi! Thanks for joining us at Suspense Sisters!

      Delete
  6. This definitely sounds like an intriguing page turner! Thanks for sharing Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve heard good things about this book and want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. suspenseful
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. You're not quite sure of the outcome until the end!

      Delete
  9. Ever since I read "If We Make it Home " I have been a fanatic for her as an author. I would love to win this book. It is the only one of hers I have not read. I become totally engrossed in the story, not to mention the emotions and lives of her wonderful characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina does such a good job developing her characters, Karen!

      Delete
  10. Pat, This book sounds like a must read! Thank you for the chance.
    psalm103and138atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed the discussion on this one and would REALLY like to read it! hollymag(at)gmail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good discussion. I wonder if they're archived?

      Delete
  12. sounds very interesting! Love to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice cover. It sounds like a really interesting book. Thank you for sharing.
    dianah7272@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love books with strong female leads. Sounds like a great one!

    amybradsher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, Christina writes very strong characters who might not start out strong, but have it deep inside them.

      Delete
  15. Those are some hard problems to face.
    Theresa Norris
    weceno at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa, I love the way Christina works these problems out!

      Delete
  16. I like the idea of the three different main characters, and seeing how their lives and stories intersect.

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, Christina did a great job with her characters.

      Delete
  17. And the winner is...Holly Magnuson! I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete