Featured Post

Thursday, December 22, 2022

CHRISTMAS FUDGE

Sharing my mother's Million Dollar Fudge recipe again. Hope you try it. It's the best fudge I've ever tasted. 

Merry Christmas!


My Mother’s Million Dollar Fudge

Ingredients:

4 ½ cups of sugar
1 can of evaporated milk
½ cup of butter
Pinch of salt

9 oz Hershey’s chocolate bars
12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
7 oz of marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
Butter to grease pan


Directions:

Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a heavy pan. Bring to a boil. (Be careful not to scorch the bottom of the pan. I don’t turn the burner up all the way, and I stir once in a while as it heats up.)

Let it boil for 6 minutes. Stir constantly. *The timing is very important.

Remove from heat and add all the additional ingredients. Pour into buttered 8 x 8 pan. Chill. When ready, cut into squares.

*One important note: I make two batches for Christmas because I use this for gifts and take some to Christmas parties. DO NOT double the recipe when cooking. The fudge won’t set right. If you want to make two batches, you will have to make the recipe twice.

16 comments:

  1. And their are no calories associated with this recipe is there? Asking for a friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. And their are no calories associated with this recipe is there? Asking for a friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this. I always have trouble getting fudge to set right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fudge sounds wonderful and what a wonderful give away you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My recipe is very similar and an old one. It sounds delicious,
    perrianne (DOT) askew (AT) me (DOT) com
    Perrianne Askew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the fudge my dad used to make for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, minus the walnuts:) Thanks for the opportunity to enter a giveaway! Would love to win a print copy! Thanks, again, and Merry Christmas! Lual Krautter krautter12ATbresnanDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to win. Fudge sounds luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We always make fudge at Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this very same recipe from my Mom's collection of recipes. Loved it as a kid and love it now! It's just not Christmas without this fudge. :)
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Nothing better than fudge for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fudge is my favorite candy! A special Christmas treat

    ReplyDelete