Featured Post

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!


 Happy New Year, everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and were able to spend it with loved ones, and that you had a safe and enjoyable New Year's celebration. Can you believe it's already 2013? It seems as though we just rang in the new year of 2012!

My post is appearing a bit late in the day, and for that I apologize.  I was expecting to write my blog early this morning, but got called into service at the last minute in the happiest of ways--going out of town to help out with our new grandbaby while her mommy went back to work for the very first day.

Violet is eight weeks old and is such a cutie--smiling a lot and spending much of her day awake, now. What fun, being able to spend time with her! Lucky for her, her mom will just be working a couple days a week, and there will be a variety of relatives to watch over her on their days apart. Her other grandma lives very close by, so she is a lucky girl!

Days like this make me so thankful that I'm a full-time writer and can have the flexibility to pitch in when needed. And I'm thankful for many other things as well. Thankful for the opportunity to write, and thankful for people like all of you wonderful readers who enjoy inspirational romantic suspense, and who visit this blog.  All of us appreciate you very much!

Now that the holidays are over, I'm excited about setting new goals for this coming year, getting back to work on a number of book proposals, and buckling down at the computer.  As you can see from the photo taken from our back deck, we have had a lovely, snowy winter thus far--which makes it perfect to stay inside and write! :)

Have you made some resolutions for the coming year?  I'd love to hear about them!

Wishing you a new year filled with health, happiness and success!

Roxanne Rustand

5 comments:

  1. My resolution this year is to make no resolutions. Every year I have some kind of 'thing' I'm determined to do, and come December I feel bad because I haven't accomplished it yet. I'm going to take each day as it comes and make the most of each one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow more intimate with God. Live more accurately. Develop Kingdom thinking. All the other stuff will follow after that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only 'resolution' is to try to reach a couple of long standing goals. I stopped smoking on Nov. 17 and wantto stay smoke free for the rest of my life, and I sent my 'story' to a publisher on Dec. 31.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Mary! And congratulations! I know how hard it is to quit. You should be proud. Hope the story gets published!

      Delete
  4. Misty, I know what you mean. Sounds like you have a great plan for living your life to the fullest!

    Jill, what a beautiful idea. I totally agree.

    Mary, congratulations on your healthier life these days, and best wishes to you with your story. I'm wishing you success on both counts!

    ReplyDelete