Featured Post

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Book Review: Murders in the Marquee by Dana Mentink

 


Last week I had the pleasure of reading Murders in the Marquee by Dana Mentink. To say this book was absolutely delightful would be a massive understatement. My reading typically runs on the darker side of Christian suspense, and Murders in the Marquee veered off that path slightly. It falls somewhere between suspense and cozy mystery, and I found so many things to love as I read. Here are my top three: 

1. The characters were memorable and unique. Each of the characters had their own goals personality--just like people in real life. A few characters made me want to scream (again, just like people in real life). I loved that the main characters were people I could cheer for. 

2. The setting at the Grand Mallard Marquee Hotel added color to the story and ample nooks and crannies for suspicion to fester. The ducks and the hotel staff brought the pages of the book to life. 

3. The gamut of emotions I felt while reading this book were vast. I gasped. I laughed. I cried. Dana Mentink did a fantastic job of holding me hostage in the best way possible.  

I can't recommend Murders in the Marquee enough. If you haven't purchased a copy yet, you can grab one here. You won't be disappointed!

For a chance to win an ebook copy, comment below with your favorite part about staying in a hotel!

14 comments:

  1. Totally agree! MURDERS IN THE MARQUEE by Dana Mentink is definitely FIVE STAR reading that I, too, recommend to everyone.
    2clowns at arkansas dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Sounds like one not to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one's on my radar! You make it sound irresistible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The free pool & food lol. This sounds like a great book! Dreadrake1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The service, complimentary continental breakfast, and pool. Sounds like a great read! ceedee1958@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vacation! This is the reason for the hotel lol - so it's the best part!
    kykla99ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  7. service
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally intrigued! This sounds like such a great book! Thank you so much for the giveaway! I'm really looking forward to reading it! To answer your question, my favorite part of staying in a hotel is the free breakfast, especially at those hotels that offer the full breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc.
    wileyluvstabby(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only stayed in a hotel once and cannot remember it. It was a quick stay just to sleep and be on the road again. I really enjoy Dana's books. jenningsask@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great book

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a great book—and definitely one I will check out!

    The best part about staying in a hotel is all the family time…

    svenable(at)westmont(dot)edu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Room service alysap at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dana Mentink is a favorite author of mine! Trapped in Yosemite is one of favorite books she's written.

    ReplyDelete